Friday, May 25, 2012

globe lights

So, I bought these globe lights (actually 3 packages of these globe lights) for our patio back in oh... February, but I have never put them up!

I am trying to figure out how to hang them! Has anyone done it? I am trying to figure out how to hang it from the side of the roof.

I am thinking I am going string them from the pergola to the far edge of the house by the drain pipe. I think I will be able to use zip ties to connect it to the pergola but there really isn't anything to attach it to on the house.

Hopefully COO (Chief Outdoors Officer) will help me out with that soon so we can have a bit more ambiance in our backyard :) HINT HINT!!!

3 comments:

  1. We have those same lights! Used a staple gun to attach to pergola, and itty bitty hooks on the underside of the trim to go along the house. It worked great! We do the same with Christmas lights too!

    Can't wait to see a photo of them all lit up! And yes, it makes for a wonderful ambiance! Great space to enjoy a glass of wine at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the ideas Cristi! I am working on getting these things up! It's a bit of a daunting task but I know I will love them once they're up!

      Delete
  2. Don't you remember those white plastic roof hangers I used on Annapolis? I got them at Home Depot but they probably only sell them around Christmas time. They hook onto the drain and then you can just string the lights through them. Super easy!

    ReplyDelete