Monday, February 20, 2012

Baked boneless buffalo wings

I thought I'd start your week off with a super easy and fast recipe for baked buffalo wings! P loves wings (not going to lie I like them too- well the boneless kind) but knowing the amount of fat going into the sauce, then the frying etc, makes them kind of hard for me to eat!

I came across this recipe for baked honey Dijon chicken tenders a while ago- we made it and it was delicious! The flavor was great, especially in the breading. It was just SO flavorful. So it got me thinking and I decided to use the same quantities of breadcrumbs and spices but instead of using honey, butter and Dijon mustard, I just used Frank's Red Hot buffalo sauce.

OMG! They are amazing- really and truly- P thinks its the best thing I've EVER cooked! If you like wings I really suggest you try them

Ingredients

  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs

  • 3/4 tsp salt


  • 1/2 tsp pepper


  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder


  • 1/4 tsp paprika


  • pinch cayenne pepper (I use red pepper flakes if I don't have any cayenne)


  • 1/2 Cup Frank's Red Hot buffalo sauce


  • 1 lb package chicken tenders- or chicken breasts cut into strips




  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap a sheet pan (that has edges) in foil just to keep your cleanup easy, then put a cooling rack onto the pan and spray the rack with non-stick cooking spray. The rack on top of the pan will give all sides of the chicken a really crispy crust.

    In one small dish mix the panko breadcrumbs with all of the spices (through the cayenne), In another dish pour your buffalo sauce. I let the chicken tenders sit in the sauce for a minute or two just to let it sink in there a bit.

    Then, a few at a time, transfer to the breadcrumb dish, using your fingers to make sure the crumbs stick well on all sides of the chicken. Lay the chicken onto the rack (sitting on the sheet pan) so they are spaced apart and none are touching each other. If you have any more crumbs I usually sprinkle them over the tops of my "wings". Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and no pink remains.

    If your fingers look like this:
    you are doing it right!

    When the wings come out of the oven I drizzle them with a little more buffalo wing sauce

    Then serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing (and usually some zucchini as well!)

    Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment