Monday, June 27, 2011

front patio

You didn't think I'd be content just crossing two things off my list did you??? CLEARLY NOT!
So we kept going- to cross off 3, 4 and 5 off our list as well. So we made the dreaded (for P, not me) trip out to Ikea. We've actually been looking a lot for patio furniture that was small enough to fit easily on the patio but wasn't SO small P didn't fit on it. It's a delicate balance you see! I had been looking around in stores and online and came up with EXACTLY what I wanted. . . only to get to Ikea and my blue chairs not be in stock and the table I was so in love with online just wasn't that lovable in person.

BUT we did not leave empty handed!! I found the cutest little green table that is perfect and paired it with the cute chairs I wanted just in white instead of blue! Then I topped it off with the most precious (and cheap) little galvanized steel lantern!

Lacko table in light green and Roxo chairs in white- they are strangely comfortable for metal chairs. We've just been loving them!

And as you can see we got some stepping stones as well to go in the dead space between the drip line and the front edge of the patio. We dug down and leveled out the ground and just laid them in and filled in the dirt/ mulch around them. They probably aren't SUPER sturdy but we've walked back and forth on them and they don't move around at all! I think they make the space that much more charming!

Thanks Home Depot for some reasonably priced flagstone stepping stones!

We also got a new front door mat
Dwell Studio for Target!


and some new and more modern address numbers (just one for privacy's sake!)
From the Home Depot surprisingly!
LOVE how they float out in front of the shingles

And while we were at it we decided to get a new and bigger planter to put by the front door with a little more color. The one that was there was just too small/ dinky looking, so it has moved to reside by the back patio door!



Pretty :) And the blue salvia have some nice height to them

For a perfectly "almost" finished look:


The one extra issue we noticed while sitting in our chairs enjoying the fruits of our labor on Sunday night is this:
Ahh the neighbors trashcans. . . just what I want to look at while enjoying a nice glass of wine at the end of the day. Or NOT! But, we've come up with a plan, we just couldn't find the right planter box for the space this weekend. But soon we'll be back with my easy fix for a nice view instead of trash while enjoying the front porch!

3 comments:

  1. VERY impressed with all your (and P's, of course!) hard work on the landscaping. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I knew you would get those house numbers! They are the very same numbers we got :-) The only modern ones at Home Depot! I loooove them! Great taste you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good and so inviting. I want to come over :)

    ReplyDelete