Monday, June 20, 2011

BBQ chicken polenta cakes

I saw this recipe last week on one of my daily reads Picky Palate and I knew I was going to be making it soon. For one thing, I already had some shredded chicken sitting in BBQ sauce in my fridge (from when we thought we were going to make a BBQ chicken salad but weren't really hungry) and I mean- LOOK AT THE RECIPE! It just sounds delicious! I didn't even alter her recipe, well I didn't really use a recipe, I just bought a log of polenta and a log of mozzarella (pre-sliced, which was very nice) and added a spoonful of meat on top of each slice of polenta. The flavor was delicious and they were really filling. We thought we'd have a few for an appetizer but they were definitely hardy enough for a meal, with a salad or something!

What you'll need
(of course I had already sliced the polenta so it's not as pretty)
OH and I added a little seasoned salt to the polenta as I grilled them

1 pound/tube of polenta
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups cooked/shredded BBQ chicken
12 1-inch slices fresh mozzarella
12 individual cilantro leaves (I left these off just because I forgot to get some)

1. Preheat oven’s broiler with rack places 5 to 6 inches below heat.
2. Slice polenta into 1/2 inch slices. Place oil into a grill pan over medium heat. (I brushed the oil on so I would get all the crevices) Place polenta slices into hot grill pan and grill for 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly browned.

Flip - and check out the pretty grill marks :)

and top with a spoonful of BBQ chicken then a slice of mozzarella cheese

Grill for 4 minutes then place under broiler until cheese is melted. Top with a cilantro leaf and serve.

VOILA!

It did actually make 12 individual pieces I just couldn't fit them all into one pan!


No comments:

Post a Comment