Friday, April 15, 2011

nutella blondies

Oh my goodness- this recipe- it's like heaven on a plate- or in a pan- however you eat it- it's amazing! I found this recipe on Weekly Bites last fall and I can't believe I haven't shared it with you yet! These little morsels are so good and pretty too. This would be great to take to a friend's house or for a pot luck or even cut up and set in little mini cupcake liners for a party.
Are you drooling yet??? You should be

Here’s what you’ll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 eggs at room temperature
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • Nutella

First thing you want to do is combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.Next, you want to melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Once the butter is melted, add both sugars in and stir until dissolved.

This butter mixture needs to cool for about 10 minutes. So you can start mixing the eggs & vanilla together. Slowly pour in the cooled butter/sugar mixture. Mix until nice and creamy. This step took a while for me but be patient and just let the mixer go until it is creamy and lighter in color. Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Be sure the scrape down the sides so you don’t miss any of that buttery goodness

Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8″ pan Next, you want to drop about 6 huge spoonfuls of Nutella onto the batter

Then just swirl them around by pulling a knife through the nutella in different directions to create pretty swirls

Bake for 25-30 minutes or if your using a glass pan about 40 minutes to bake. You'll know it's finished when a toothpick comes out clean with some nice goo on it
** All pictures from The Weekly Bite (because I did not have the foresight to know that I would need step by step pictures for a blog I had not started yet, when I made them.) And I haven't made them again because I know I will eat the whole pan before they make it anywhere- unless I am making it for someone else! Anyone have a birthday soon so I can make these without guilt??

3 comments:

  1. OH.....MY.....GOODNESS!!!! I MUST make these. Drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will die! They are SOOO GOOD! maybe you should make them to celebrate christian's job!

    ReplyDelete