Friday, April 8, 2011

Baked sweet potato fries

These are about the easiest things EVER to make and they are delicious. Even P, who doesn't like sweet potatoes will eat these. So yummy and healthy! And you can use any different spices really- play with whatever you like- I just happen to be on a kick with chili powder right now so I wanted to try it. I also think this would be good with rosemary.

2 sweet potatoes
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1-2 Tbsp olive oil

The line up. (minus the potatoes... and olive oil- man I've got to get better about this!)

I just cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half into four long strips. I ended up cutting a lot of those strips in half because they were really thick, especially the strips that were from the middle of the potato. You can cut them as thin or thick as you like. I also leave the skins on- for nutrition- and think it's fine but feel free to peel the potatoes as well!

Then I just throw them in a bowl and toss them with enough olive oil to coat the fries. Then evenly sprinkle the seasonings over the top and toss till all the fries are equally covered.
Lay them out on a sheet pan lined with parchment or foil (with a little spray just so nothing sticks) and lay the fries out in a single layer.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until tender!


No comments:

Post a Comment