Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chicken Spaghetti- on a diet

Carolina- this is just for you!!
I've been making this recipe for a couple of years now and I don't even remember who forwarded it along to me in the first place. It is actually a Weight Watchers recipe that someone made, and if I remember or you are on WW I believe a serving is 4 points! This is a super easy throw together recipe that is cheesy and good. Very much comfort food.

Ingredients:
3 C. Whole wheat spaghetti, cooked (I vary depending on how many people I'm serving)
6 oz. cooked chicken, shredded
1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup (I've also used the heart healthy)
1 can Rotel- I usually drain about half of the liquid out
4 oz - 2% Velveeta- this is about 1/3 of a small block
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350. Grease casserole dish (9x9 or 11x7). Mix soup, cheese, Rotel and garlic powder. I usually do this step in the casserole dish I'm using. Microwave it until its melted- this usually takes a 5 or 6 of minutes in our microwave and I stir it about half way through. When melted, stir in chicken and spaghetti. Use tongs or forks to mix all together and get all of the chicken and spaghetti coated with sauce. I like to sprinkle some mozz or parm on top but its by no means necessary (and probably takes away the "diet" aspect!
Bake for 30 minutes and VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment